Don’t stress, Take a breath, You have got this!
To be totally real + honest with y’all today was a shit day. Without the proper sleep from last night, I felt as if I was just walking through a cloud of stress.
As a mom, wife, and small business owner some days I have so much on my plate that I just stare and stare at my to-do list not doing any of it because I just become so stressed that I can’t figure out where to start. I guess that’s the engram 7 of me coming out. My brain just bounces from one thing to the next never finishing a task but also never truly starting a task at the same time.
What my to-do list looked like today:
- PLAN AND CREATE MOOD BOARDS FOR STYLED SESSIONS
- WAFFLE LOVE ELOPEMENT
- SNOWY GODDESS MATERNITY
- APARTMENT HUNT FOR A NEW APARTMENT
- CONTINUE PLANNING VALENTINES ELOPEMENT CONTENT DAY
- SEND OUT QUESTIONNAIRES FOR CINDY
- SACRED SOUL
- SET UP A MEETING WITH REY
- COUPLES SESSION
- MOTHERHOOD SESSION
- BRANDING SESSION
- FIND SOMEONE TO HELP REVAMP PIXIESET WEBSITE
- DO THE DISHES
- GROCERY SHOP
- FINISH EDITING REY’S ICE CASTLE SESSION
And the list goes on….
What the reality of today actually ended up looking like though
- got up at like 10
- went to the grocery store
- apartment hunt for like 2 hours then become overwhelmed
- completely crash in energy and mood while trying to edit
- go on a spontaneous adventure to the local bakery to become present in the here and now again
- read and rock the babes
- make hot chocolate + drink lots of Kangen water
- put on @hitomi Mochizuki introvert diaries | solitude, sisterhood & release
- write blog and post on Instagram
When my days become so overwhelming I have found that reconnecting to the here and now is the best medicine in finding my way back to my soul self. Recently I have been reading the book Happier Here and Now by Mary Jane Grant and she talks about the amazing power that life's simple pleasures can have in bringing us into a restorative state. I highly recommend checking the bok out as it has been a mind opener in showing me quick and simple ways to reconnect when I start to feel overwhelmed. Using these practices for the past couple of days now is honestly a game-changer when you have two littles always at your feet while you are also trying to be a full-time business owner.
Sometimes the day doesn't go as planned so you have got to learn to be flexible if the plan changes or your energy isn't in the state you thought it would be in. No matter what you have done today you have always accomplished something even if that one thing was just waking up today.
Don't let the long list of others people's accomplishments deter you from doing what is best for yourself. Because if you don't take the time to become present in the here and now you won't only miss out on life but also lose yourself in the process.